[vlc-devel] --rtp-client-port when playing an SDP file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 30 15:14:57 CEST 2015

>  I have made repeated tests and have verified that if I set a client port on the command line then I cannot play a SDP file that is defining multicast streaming from the camera.

Patient: “Doctor, it hurts when I do this.”
Doctor: “Then, don’t do it!”

If you’re asking to play a multicast stream, then you’re asking to join a stream that has a given IP multicast address *and port number* (both of which are specified in the SDP description).  It makes no sense to try to change your port number to be something else.  So, don’t do that!

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/