[vlc-devel] IOS 2.4.1 based on 2.2.0-rc2 rather than 2.2.0?

David Glaude david.glaude at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:17:03 CET 2015

> On 04 Mar, David Glaude wrote :
> > I also tested the Android version 1.1.2 (701606d) 2015-03-02 that work
> > perfectly for my usecase.
>
> You mean, the EP use case?

Yes, accessing the European Parliament LIVE and VOD mms stream is working:
* without any special parameter (no need for the mms-all work around)
* in an efficient way (only the needed stream are requested from the
streaming server)
* it permit to change audio track by language name from the user interface.

So it is usable now!

There might be some glitch left:
* it does not seems to take into account the user prefered language
* switching video quality give strange behaviour
* startup is slow as VLC try to connect a few time on the legacy MMS
protocol first (port 1755)
* little video glitch at language switching (VLC make a new full request
rather than to ask for stream change)

But nothing that would block a user.

Thank you very much to all the VLC developper and specially to Francois
Cartegnie for last minute fix.

David Glaude