[vlc-devel] Patch posted, nothing happened

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Thu Mar 5 15:56:13 CET 2015

Hi guys,

we have recently posted a patch for a new audio module (SOFAlizer), see
https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2015-February/101353.html.
Currently, we have a first step for an implementation of spatial audio
rendering when listening via headphones (technique called binaural
virtual acoustics). The implementation of the module was done as a
project by a student studying audio engineering. The module compiles and
runs for vlc-player 2.2 on Linux and vlc-player 2.1 on Linux and Windows.

I expected to get the module included in the source repository, which
would give us a basis for further optimizations of the code and
rendering technique. However, the module does not seem to be in the
repository yet and the corresponding thread became silent.

Are you on it? If not, is there anything we can do?

Regards,
Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak
Psychoacoustics and Experimental Audiology