[vlc-devel] Does aribb24 support brazilian portuguese?

Eric Omine eric.omine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:22:29 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to use libaribb24 - https://github.com/nkoriyama/aribb24/ - to
decode brazilian closed caption (Brazil's ISDB-Tb is based on ISDB-T).
Should that work? Does the lib implement that? If not, what would I have to
do to implement this feature?

I have tried to build VLC with --enable-aribsub and play a TS containing
captioning PES data, but it didn't reckonize any of it.
I have also tried to use the sample code from the github above and parse
some PES data I extracted from the TS, but it doesn't output anything
either.

Thank you and best regards,
Eric Omine