[vlc-devel] VLC 2.1.5 skipping libsamplerate

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 10:13:18 CET 2015

Folks,

When playing VLC 2.1.5, any time I change the volume gain, the audio starts to crack up. Looking at the log files, I finally figured out what the problem was. It seems VLC does not load libsamplerate_plugin.so. Instead, it loads libugly_resampler_plugin.so.

When searching the Internet, I came across a similar problem that was reported :

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41414

I am wondering if this has been fixed in the main branch. Perhaps I can take that code and recompile it.

Or, if there is a workaround, I would appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter