[vlc-devel] Outreachy'15

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Wed Mar 11 23:21:10 CET 2015

Hello Greeshma!

On 10 Mar 2015, at 15:19, greeshma <greeshmabalabadra at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to contribute to VLC through outreachy program.I want to work on improving VLC quality That is project on VLC Tech Suite.Would anyone help me out to get started with it

Since I don’t know how far you are already, I’ll start with some very general advice:

-Did you subscribe to this very mailing list? You will not get answers unless you are added explicitely like I did here.

-Did you check the wiki: https://wiki.videolan.org/Compile_VLC/

-First step usually is compiling vlc source code (git version) yourself.

Join us on IRC: #videolan
but please have some patience and don’t close the window just 5 minutes without an answer.

Best regards

Christoph