[vlc-devel] Translation in tamil

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Mon Mar 16 23:54:47 CET 2015

Hello!

On 16 Mar 2015, at 17:08, vignesan <vignesanselvam at gmail.com> wrote:

> The existing tamil package is translated only few words.
> Many english words are not translated.
> I'm ready to translate each and every sentence in tamil.
> Will vlc accept it?

There is already work on the translation into Tamil:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

The way to go is:
Create an account at transifex (not open source, but free to use) and request to join the Tamil team.
The coordinators should speak Tamil themselves, in case you want to talk to them.

Here are some additional hints:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Feel free to contact me or this mailing list with any questions
regarding translations.

Best regards

Christoph