[vlc-devel] How to monitor playlist changes in a filter module?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 19:30:23 CEST 2015

Rémi,

Thank you for your constructive criticism. VLC programming model has become a lot more clear to me.

It appears there is no simple way for a video filter module to get playlist information. The only way appears to be that I create another "interface" type module and have my own way of communicating between the video filter module and the interface module.

Is there a simpler way?

Thanks
Pradeep

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:54 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
Le mardi 26 mai 2015, 09:14:21 Peter Tap a écrit :
> static int OpenVideo(vlc_object_t *p_this) {
>   filter_t *p_filter = (filter_t *)p_this;
>
>   filter_sys_t* p_sys = p_filter->p_sys = new filter_sys_t();
>
>   // intf_thread_t* p_intf = (intf_thread_t*)p_this; // IS THIS OKAY?

struct intf_thread_t
{
    VLC_COMMON_MEMBERS

    struct intf_thread_t *p_next; /** LibVLC interfaces book keeping */
    /* ... */
};

struct filter_t
{