[vlc-devel] [sout developers] VLC streaming violation of MPEG-TS discontinuity flag

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Mon Nov 2 21:41:11 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:12:32AM +0100, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev at free.fr>
> wrote:

> > > I'm not that familiar with demuxing core in vlc or ts format, but why
> > > wouldn't we just call ES_OUT_RESET_PCR in case we get discontinuity
> > > indicator in stream (valid, and not just notice of counter
> > > discontinuity)?

> However I do not see how that helps remuxing and seeking in a stream
> (MPEG-TS),
> which is the reason this discussion started.

It doesn't really help on those, but it just occured me that what does
core do when timestamps jumps huge amount backward, like it can happen
with discontinuity counter. And if it just buffers those packets in
until timestamps reach previous timestamps before jump back.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.