[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] demux: ttml: probe without creating xmlreader

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Thu Oct 8 00:04:10 CEST 2015

Le 07/10/2015 21:45, Devin Heitmueller a écrit :
>> The XML tag if present cannot have preceding whitespace.
>
> One other point probably worth making:  while having whitespace before
> the XML declaration technically makes the document "not well-formed",
> it's not uncommon to see such documents in the wild (particularly when
> the XML is generated by a script).  That said, I don't know how
> strictly you want to treat this - the XML spec says that any document
> that doesn't pass the well-formedness test in *any* way should be
> rejected and not even attempt to parsed.
>
> Devin

Since the peek only virtual stream has already been rejected for another
issue, there's no way to wire our xmlreader to a non reading stream.
If we need to read to probe, that's wrong. Reading when probing breaks
other modules.
Unless there's a way to parse incomplete documents (pf_probe?), we can't
use libxml for probing.

Francois