[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] codec: don't drop discontinue blocks

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Oct 15 01:11:54 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:54:27AM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2015-10-14 00:12, Ilkka Ollakka a écrit :

> >So is it that discontinuity flag is some old relic that shouldn't be
> >even around anymore or was it meant to be used for something different
> >all together than signal that there could be packets missing between
> >this and previous block?

> I think it's the former. Decoder can choose what to do with discontinuous
> data. Especially for audio, I think we should just reset the PTS (or
> interpolate it), not flush.

I think you are right, we should just reset pts in those cases and let
decoder do resync or whatever it seems fit without flushing. I can
rework those patches to add patch that remove those flushing cases and
I'll send them to list most likely closer to the weekend for another
round.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Every young man should have a hobby: learning how to handle money is