[vlc-devel] Stable branch support

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Sep 2 16:06:28 CEST 2015

    Hello,

Due to a variety of factors, I have lacked time and motivation to
properly contribute to the VLC 2.2 stable branch for some time. This is
unfortunate, but I do not really have any solution, so I would rather
make it explicit. To be clear, I have not been backporting my own fixes
nor the fixes signed off by me consistently for a number of months. As
far as I can tell, nobody else has done it on my behalf either. I have
no realistic plans to go through the backlog ever, nor to resume
backporting in future stable branches.

I might still continue to backport a few patches occasionally though
but this is not something that anybody should rely on.

If you depend on VLC, you probably do not read this mailing list.
Regardless, I should not need to point out that you should ensure you
have an adequate level of support, whatever that level is to you. While
I cannot provide specific references, I suppose some third party provide
such services on commercial basis.

N.B.: This is just my personal opinion. I do not represent the VideoLAN
association.

http://www.remlab.net/