[vlc-devel] NPAPI-VLC: crashes in chrome

Pavel P pavelp.hola at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 22:21:07 CEST 2015

I'm trying to use vlc with chromium (I forse-enabled npapi).
I noticed that if I modify css class of the html body then chrome simply
destroys vlc plugin and recreates it. I get only two calls: NPP_SetWindow
with window->window=NULL, and then followed by NPP_Destroy call.
This all happens while plugin just started loading. I tried to debug the
issue and the way whole npapi-vlc written it's almost impossible to handle
it properly.

Even if i tried to add plugin->getMD().stop(); from NPP_Destroy I still get
crashes. They mostly come from swscale that's trying to write picture to
deleted memory.
I know npapi is kind of dead, still can anybody suggest me what to do to
fix it?..