[vlc-devel] Seeking opinions

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Sep 8 09:56:02 CEST 2015

    Hello,

Le 2015-09-08 05:37, tony a écrit :
> My idea is, if we use a linked list like that instead:
>
> typedef struct
>  {
>     decoder_t   *p_dec;
>     decoder_t   *p_dec_record;
>     dec_list_t  *next;
> } dec_list_t;
>
> When next is null, the overhead is low,
> but this enables one es_out_id_t to have multiple decoders.

It is true that it would not cause much overhead. Howevre I do not
really understand how that helps with your goal of playing two subtitles
tracks simultaneously. Indeed, there should be one SPU ES, and thus one
es_out_id_t for each subtitle track.

If you create two decoders for one single track, you should get the
same track rendered in double. I think you need to select two SPU ES at
the same time instead, with one decoder for each SPU ES.

(Yet the more difficult issue is to avoid subtitle overlapping one
another on top of the video. You probably noticed it already.)

http://www.remlab.net/