[vlc-devel] vlmc api call seems to be blocking

Frank van Eijkelenburg frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
Thu Sep 10 09:01:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

I want to use the vlm api library in my own application to create a vod
stream. Therefore I have to following code (for prototyping):

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    const char* psz_name = "test";

    /* Load the VLC engine */
    libvlc = libvlc_new(0, NULL);

    libvlc_vlm_add_vod(libvlc, psz_name, "rtsp://
192.168.1.201:554/axis-media/media.amp", 0, NULL, false, NULL);
    libvlc_vlm_set_output(libvlc, psz_name, "#rtp{sdp=rtsp://
192.168.1.101:5678/axis-media/media.amp}");

    libvlc_vlm_set_enabled(libvlc, psz_name, true);

    sleep(60);

    libvlc_vlm_release (libvlc);

    return 0;
}

If I run this code, I have two issues:

1. by using the rtp option you can not make a vod stream (which is exactly
what the documentation describes). To make a vod stream, I should not use
the rtp option, but how can I specify the outgoing port (5678 in the
example code)?

2. when I run the libvlc_vlm_set_enabled call, the program does never get
back. Do I use these library calls in a wrong way?

BTW, if I try to create my usecase by using the vlc application and the
telnet connection for vlm, everything works fine. However, I have to embed
this in my own application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

*Frank van Eijkelenburg*  Lead Designer

*T* +31(0)182594000 | *E* frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flinkedin.nl%2F%253C%253Cvoornaamachternaam%253E%253E&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdYyF21CXz0c9GlCBfxLRkl-NCpRw>
*A* Burgemeester Jamessingel 1, P.O. Box 2013, 2800 BD Gouda, The
Netherlands | *W* technolution.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be
passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the
addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability resulting
from any electronic transmission.