[vlc-devel] Translate vlc in Lingala

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Apr 12 19:06:35 CEST 2016

Hello!

> On 07 Apr 2016, at 11:22, René Manassé G <renemanasse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi maintainer,
> I m one part of Ubuntu DR Congo Loco, we want to translate it in our language "Lingala=ln", we are translating already gnome (https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ln/) and we want to do the same for vlc, could you give us the PO file link?

We are (still) using transifex for the localization.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

The way to go is:
Create an account at transifex (not open source, but free to use) and request to join the Lingala team.

Here are some additional hints:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Feel free to contact me or this mailing list with any questions
regarding translations.

Best regards

Christoph