[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Tag 2.2.3 : VLC media player 2.2.3 'WeatherWax'

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Wed Apr 27 18:56:32 CEST 2016

On 04/27/2016 02:00 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On 26 Apr, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> I have told you already that I will not build my own gcc unless
>> discussed first
>> with the Debian maintainer for mingw-w64.
>
> This is wrong. I ask for a formal vote on this at the next meeting.

I doubt that a formal VideoLAN vote is needed on a VLC technical issue.

Else should every commit where there is a disagreement be voted upon?

That is the wrong way to go IMHO.

What is the question anyway:

"Should Windows 64 releases be built with a gcc that was itself built
with --disable-shared?"

?

>> If there are other issues please bring them to me, I will not ignore them.
>
> See the previous email, the trac and the forum.

The question you asked was:
"You've been ignoring what I tell you since years, why would that change?"

I am a hundred percent confident that I did not ignore what you told me
in the
previous email, the trac or the forum.