[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure.ac: Use AC_PATH_PROGS for luac

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Aug 3 17:05:46 CEST 2016

Le 2016-08-03 15:43, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
>> By that flawed logic there would be no AC_CHECK_PROGS ever, and
>> every
>> executable variable would convey an absolute path. Indeed, you'd get
>> the
>> exact same problem with any other AC_CHECK_PROGS or wrapper around
>> AC_CHECK_PROGS that configure.ac uses.
>>
>> In other words, this patch is wrong and should be reverted.
>
> Why not iff the buildbots are modified to change PATH and PATH is not
> touched anymore in configure.ac (in this order), although I don't see
> either what's wrong with absolute paths.

Using absolute paths for build tools is not how autoconf/automake
expects to work. In particular, all of the built-in program checks in
autoconf and automake expect build tools in the path (this is even
mentioned a few times in the documentation). So if you need to use
non-system tools, you ought to set the PATH accordingly.

So yeah, build bots shouldn't rely on configure doing it.

http://www.remlab.net/