[vlc-devel] musical note\key recognition for VLC

Nathan Santee nathan.santee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:46:20 CET 2016

Hi VLC development team,

I've written a small application to take a media file, and play it back
showing the current perceived musical note. This would help any musically
inclined user to transcribe what they are hearing, determine its key, and
more.

I could imagine this as a plug-in for VLC. I posted a video demo on youtube
(see link below) and i'm getting several requests for availability. As a
stand-alone app I don't see this going too far, but optionally integrated
into a platform like VLC would certainly see more use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3G-p7iKfN8

Of course my code and any time you need of me would be donated. Let me know
what you think. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Best Regards,
Nathan