[vlc-devel] [PATCH] macosx: First commit VLCStatusBarIcon code for macosx gui.
User Goran Dokic
vlc at 8hz.com
Sat Jan 2 12:04:07 CET 2016
Here's the first version of my macosx VLCStatusBarIcon (statusitem)
addition and changes to the latest master branch for integration. I
find it comfy to have it.
There are 2 new objective c files, two very minor changes to existing
code, 5 new small PNGs (icons) and dirs, a new xib and some small
additions to the project file and 2 Makefile.am files.
- Menubar status icon for macosx for vlc
- Playback controls synced to VLC internals (follow app state)
- Toggle Random
- Utility menu items/functions
- Show (part of) URL/PATH and Copy URL/Path to clipboard
- Restore MainWindow to front (from any state)
- Tooltip with some info, to display current track/time/url/path
- Seems to work for video too (bonus)
Design choice.. Tooltip and menu URL item are updated with a TimerHandler..
I'd wanted to do it on demand, but I can't catch the mouse in/out
events without some major trickery. Neither does the tooltip signal its
impending creation/display, like the menu fortunately does (menuNeedsUpdate),
afaict. The impact is small though, so maybe later.
I'm afraid I have no way of testing this on other macs than my retina
probook with 10.10.5. Seems to work well for what I wanted out of it.
Awaiting your response,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 41875 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the vlc-devel