[vlc-devel] questions for adding new play mode to videolan

yan cui ccuiyyan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:52:55 CET 2016

Hi All,

    One question to add new play mode to videolan. In fact, I want to
enable the player to play several kinds of modes, including cartoon mode
and 3D mode, besides the normal mode. I have algorithms to transfer a video
to cartoon mode or 3D mode by the use of openCV. So, I'd like to add some
buttons on the GUI and play the video in a particular mode when user
selects it. My question is where should I embed my code? I know the theory
of player in the high level, like each time you get a compressed data
trunk, then decompress it and play it, but I am not quite familiar with the
code base of videolan. Any answers or suggestions  are welcome!

Thanks, Yan

--
Think big; Dream impossible; Make it happen.