[vlc-devel] [RFC/WIP PATCH 0/3] decoder-packetizer chicken-egg situation

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Fri Jul 1 12:18:29 CEST 2016

This set of patches is a (work in progress) attempt to fix the chicken-egg
situation of decoder-packetizer.

The core decoder will first try to load a new type of decoder: "packetized
decoder", this type of decoder will be able to load a specific packetizer.  If
"packetized decoder" creation fails, we fallback to the previous behavior: load
a packetizer if needed, then load a decoder.

See third commit.

I'm not sure about these changes, maybe it's too complicated for a decoder
module to use it.

Thomas Guillem (3):
  decoder: change LoadDecoder arguments
  decoder: move extra packetizer creation