[vlc-devel] VideoLAN Dev Days 2016

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jul 8 17:27:14 CEST 2016

My fellow members of the open source multimedia community,

As it is now customary, I'd like to invite you to VideoLAN Dev Days
2016, on the 1st week-end of September: 2-4 September 2016, in Berlin.

This 8th edition of VDD is a bit special, as it collocated within QtCon,
a larger open source conference.

Conference format
-----------------
QtCon is a combined conference where VideoLAN, KDE, Qt and FSFE
communities will join for a few days.

If you're an oldie, don't worry, the format of the conference will be
similar for the Multimedia part of it, since there will still be
multimedia talks, an unconference and a dinner reception for the members
of the multimedia community on the Saturday evening.

This technical conference about open source multimedia, will see
developers from VLC, libav, FFmpeg, x26*, Phonon, DVBlast, PulseAudio,
KDE, Gnome, Xiph, handbrake, tomahawk and other projects gather to
discuss about open source development of multimedia projects.

As usual, this is a developer conference, so topics will be very technical.

You will find more information on http://vdd.videolan.org/

Registration
------------

The registration is now open here: http://qtcon.org
Please register as soon as possible, to help us organize the conference.

If you are working for a company using multimedia open source software,
you are welcome too. But please know that we are looking for
sponsorships and donations, for this event, though.

Sponsorship
-----------
As usual, VideoLAN will pay for travel, food and hosting costs, for
the active people of the open source community.

If you were sponsored last years, and we did not tell you to check with
us, you are almost automatically sponsored this year too (if you doubt,
you can check by asking me on IRC or email)
If you could buy your flights ASAP, please do so. If you don't know if
the price of your flight is correct, please ask us.

As the previous years, we'll do an event on the Friday 2nd. This is of
course, optional.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf