[vlc-devel] Newbie developer looking to contribute

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Mon Jun 27 08:24:28 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Shashank Sinha
<deadmangareader at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently looking for some development project in the open source
> community. I went through the community wiki and mailing list to find if
> there existed any resource I could use to start working on something
> interesting. After some reading and thinking, I am hoping someone can help
> me understand the process of initiation of a new developer in the community
> from selecting a bug/task/project to bringing it to the logical end.

Have you compiled VLC yet? The first step in VLC development is to
compile VLC from source.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Compile_VLC

More developer documenhttps://wiki.videolan.org/Developers_Cornertation
about VLC: https://wiki.videolan.org/Developers_Corner

Once you've compiled VLC, then you can take a look at the bug tracker
for issues, or just find an issue that bothers you and try to fix it.

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/

Regards,
Edward