[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Contribs: lua, remove unneeded patch

Ludovic Fauvet etix at videolan.org
Thu Mar 24 14:05:58 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016, at 23:55, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2016-03-16 16:55, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Wed
> > Mar 16 15:50:45 2016 +0100|
> > [c4dd067cac733eb934667b34e84e3eb4e722f277]
> > | committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> >
> > Contribs: lua, remove unneeded patch
>
> Seems very much still needed to me.

I'm not sure to understand everything this patch was doing but it seems
that Lua 5.3 have fixed most (if not all) of the problems related to
32/64 bits we had.

As a matter of fact, I compiled a 32 and 64-bit luac binary from the
contribs and built the youtube.lua script with them resulting in the
exact same bytecode. Therefore I guess we can get rid of the constraint
of 32-bit luac for cross-compilation (if lua >= 5.3).

--
Ludovic Fauvet
www.videolan.org