[vlc-devel] AppImage for distributing VLC builds for Linux
jb at videolan.org
Sat May 7 22:13:11 CEST 2016
On 07 May, probono wrote :
> I have been working on putting together a proof-of-concept AppImage of VLC:
It's a good start, and a good idea.
However, I do not understand a few things:
- why compile manually ragel, autoconf etc, while we have extras/tools
- CentOS is probably not the best thing to maintain, tbh, seeing that
most VLC developers are using Debian derivatives. Ubuntu 14.4 LTS or
12.4 would make more sense.
- VLC can be built with Qt5.
- if needed, alsa should be added to the contribs, not compile here.
- the hacks around wget|curl are a bit WTF.
- why disable-ncurses?
- there is already a desktop file. see share/vlc.desktop.in
- the hacks around LD_LIBRARY_PATH are wtf too..
- you should build Qt with the contribs
With my kindest regards,
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the vlc-devel