[vlc-devel] [RFI] Wasapi output restart on WinRT

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon May 16 18:43:02 CEST 2016

Hello,

Attached is a (refused in the past) patch to fix an issue that happens
ONLY on WinRT: (win32 is totally fine)

- even if IAudioClient_Stop and Release are called on Stop(), on the
next Start(), the IAudioClient_Initialize call fails saying that
AUDCLNT_E_ALREADY_INITIALIZED, which is of course, wrong/weird.

Request For Ideas:
------------------
It is possible that the issue is because of the UI is calling
ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync to create the IAudioClient, but it seems to
be the official way of doing so, on WinRT.
And still this is weird.

We've tried to call _Reset(), but that does not change a thing to the
behavior

We've tried on numerous machines on 8.1 and 10 and we've seen it many times.

Should we apply the patch? Should we do something different for WinRT,
with ifdefs? Should we do something else? Any cool idea?

Thanks,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734