[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] network: Android has vlc_getaddrinfo_i11e

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 2 13:46:04 CET 2016

Le 2016-11-02 11:45, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Thomas Guillem <thomas at gllm.fr> | Wed Nov  2
> 10:41:08 2016 +0100| [32bd30ca34defa3c7732b98eb26d202e255ae390] |
> committer: Thomas Guillem
>
> network: Android has vlc_getaddrinfo_i11e

Unless Android added POSIX thread cancellation support, that will not
work. At best, it will be inefficient; at worst, it is undefined
behavior when DNS query is actually interrupted. Either way, you should
be better off with the default uninterruptible stub implementation.

I do not know if there is any support for asynchronous getaddrinfo()
queries on Android. I know there is on Windows, but it probably requires
some newer Windows version (and MingW) and obviously some amount of
development effort.

http://www.remlab.net/