[vlc-devel] [RFC] demux/mp4: fix 17584: signal error if ReadBox_default fails

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Nov 4 12:58:15 CET 2016

Le 04/11/2016 à 12:07, Filip Roséen a écrit :
> Sure, there might be unknown boxes which we cannot handle - but I
> still fail to see how the patch would lead to a regression related to
> how those boxes are handled.

I'm allowed to check if a box exists or not, even if it's unknown.
Use cases I can think about: encryption test. We don't decode it, but we
want to check if it applies.

> From my understanding other boxes can signal errors in the same way as
> `MP4_ReadBox_default` would if the patch is applied, so I must be
> missing something.
>
>>  |   |   + udta size 83 offset 600
>>  |   |   |   + creq size 36 offset 608
>>  |   |   |   + cenc size 39 offset 644 (????)
>
> Could you point me in the direction of a failure related to the patch
> so that I properly understand why such thing should not be done (not
> now, nor in the future)?

I'll send a patch to remove every structured debug output from mkv.
I hope you won't be too annoyed to debug later issues.

Francois