[vlc-devel] [RFC] demux/mp4: fix 17584: signal error if ReadBox_default fails

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Fri Nov 4 17:28:39 CET 2016

Hi again,

On 2016-11-04 16:36, Filip Roséen wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> While composing this email I noticed that there is a bug in
> `demux/mp4` that neither of our two approaches address; I will create
> a trac-ticket and fix it as soon as possible.

The above turned out to be a little bit of a lie, after more careful
inspection (and actually creating samples to reproduce the issue in
practice (and not just in my head)), the patch which this thread is
about correctly stops parsing on the malformed files.

See the below for more information:

 - https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/17584#comment:1

The applied (merged) fix is still stuck in an infinite loop.

Best Regards,\
Filip Roséen