[vlc-devel] [RFC] Handle mouse events in a "vout window" module

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Thu Nov 24 17:20:15 CET 2016

Hello,

I would like to send mouse events from a "vout window" module.
This will be used by the next android window module. This new module
will receive window size and mouse events. It's already easy to report a
window size change: with vout_window_ReportSize() and I would like to
have the same kind of API for mouses.

This will be mainly used for the opengl vout display module. Without
that API, I have to copy-paste video_output/gl.c into a android gl
module and add mouse events supports (see here
https://github.com/tguillem/vlc/commit/12255e7a45d278886347b3b8acc27d60a7777b06#diff-04a75c8d3416b2412ed3ec029ac6b72cR197
).

I could also add this mouse event code inside a ifdef in
video_output/gl.c, but it's ugly, no ?

What's you opinion ?

Regards,
Thomas.