[vlc-devel] Headtracking

Steve Lhomme robux4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 08:38:52 CEST 2016

For testing the video part you might try this branch
https://github.com/robUx4/vlc/commits/360

You can download 360 videos from YouTube and force the projection mode
in the Qt UI or on the command-line to have the proper 360 rendering
(usually a sphere). You will also need to force the vout to "glwin32"
on Windows and make sure OpenGL is used on other OSes.

There's an example on how to move around the video with the mouse here:
https://github.com/robUx4/vlc/blob/360/modules/control/vrnav.c