[vlc-devel] Is there another way to get the picture data that is current playing beside libvlc_video_take_snapshot api? Using libvlc_video_take_snapshot to capture snapshot twice every second cause the playing not smooth.

Tue Oct 11 05:16:15 CEST 2016

Hi ALL:
    I am new to libvlc, i am currenttly using libvlc to play media file, playing the media file on the second
monitor, because the second monitor is far away so i can not see what is going on on it, so i want to use
libvlc_video_take_snapshot to get snapshot picture and display it on first monitor.
    I have test using libvlc_video_take_snapshot to take snapshot twice every second, and i didn't read the
snapshot file to display it on first monitor, then i found the playing of the media file is not smooth, it seems
this api will cause the playing to interrupt for a very short time.

    How can i solve the problem? Is there another way to get the picture data that is playing rightnow?

Thanks verymuch.