[vlc-devel] [RFC] extend vlc_UrlParse() to support udp://addr:port at bindaddr:bindport syntax

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Oct 27 16:23:12 CEST 2016

Le torstaina 27. lokakuuta 2016, 15.42.23 EEST Jean-Paul Saman a écrit :
> The patch series adds support for udp://addr:port@bindaddr:bindport syntax
> to vlc_UrlParse().

Not only that is obviously not an URL syntax, but it has hardly anything in
common with the URL syntax. It beats me how someone can even think it would be
a good idea to add it to a function called "URL parse".

> Two test cases (line 297 and 299) failed before the patch series where added
> and still fail afterwards. To be more specific in file src/test/url.c it
> concerns the following lines:

If that were true, the Linux and FreeBSD Jenkins targets would not be
succeeding.

Nonsponsored VLC developer
http://www.remlab.net/CV.pdf