[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] pulse: restart when we need to move a passthrough input

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 26 14:16:15 CEST 2016

Le lundi 26 septembre 2016, 11:34:40 Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016, at 01:16, remi at remlab.net wrote:
> > Le 22 sept. 2016 11:32, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> >  > vlc | branch: master | Thomas Guillem <thomas at gllm.fr> | Thu Sep 22
> >  > 16:40:43 2016 +0200| [a3925097aa23b6179ddf61bb04e43cd9a90e6f7f] |
> >  > committer: Thomas Guillem
> >  >
> >  > pulse: restart when we need to move a passthrough input
> >
> > Why? If the moved-to sink supports pass-through, there should be no
> > problems. If it doesn't, then we should get a format-lost event so the
> > change seems redundant. If our input is movef by another client or by
> > the daemon, this patch has no effects. And if somehow policy rejects
> > the change, the code just breakd audio needlessly.
>
> Could I request a restart only if the sink move failed ?

You don't know why it failed and that would be racy anyway.

> I agree this is not the same behavior when you change a sink via
> pavucontrol. But, for me, if the user explicitly selects a new device,
> we shouldn't ignore it.

Maybe we're missing a flag somewhere, or your PA configuration is not how you
actually want it, or your PA version is misdesigned or buggy.

Also I fail to see an explanation why we need this, please revert. This is
wrong.

http://www.remlab.net/