[vlc-devel] Mouse hiding

Steve Lhomme robux4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:59:29 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how mouse hiding is supposed to work to fix #17819.

Right now it's broken on Windows and maybe OS X as well.

Is it always the responsibility of the vout_window_t to hide the mouse
? I suppose that's why VOUT_DISPLAY_HIDE_MOUSE is deprecated ? Right
now it's not being called even though needs_hide_mouse is set because
vout_HideWindowMouse() is successful.

In the Qt interface MainInterface::setHideMouse() is called properly
with show/hide but it has absolutely zero impact. Is it the same on
other platform than Windows ? Maybe a regression of Qt 5 ? I could
call win32 ShowCursor() in there and it works but it seems dirty.