[vlc-devel] [RFC] Requesting backport of audiotoolbox_midi to VLC 3.0

Sean McGovern gseanmcg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 19:49:15 CET 2017

Hi Marvin and list members,

I know I was the one to originally raise a fuss about this one. I was mostly concerned with that we had been told at VDD17 that a feature freeze was occurring very shortly thereafter, and that since then a number of new features were still being sent in to the ML.

As you mentioned, this piece is at least compartmentalized(sp?) to one platform. If the general consensus among the rest of you is OK, I am willing to drop my concern for this one. It should not however be construed as an OK from me for any other feature patchsets to be ported back.

As a side note, I did check this morning and there are still some bugs sitting unassigned on Trac preventing go-ahead on 3.0 and would politely request that if anyone has cycle they give priority to those.

You guys are awesome,

-- Sean McG.