[vlc-devel] Detect for A/V Sample Delayed

Lad, Prabhakar prabhakar.csengg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:51:29 CET 2017

Hi Remi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It depends what you actually mean by delay and how you measure it.

Something like the below log, when I enable the vlc messages:
core warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1455 ms)
avcodec debug: enabling direct rendering
avcodec warning: plane 0 not aligned
avcodec warning: disabling direct rendering
core warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1446 ms)
core warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 1434 ms)
core warning: playback too early (-62177): down-sampling
avcodec debug: enabling direct rendering.

And also similarly for the audio:
playback way too early (-122000): playing silence

I want to detect them from the vlc application, without looking at the
video so to save some time.
Is there any api that I could use to parse them mp4 and detect for such flaws ?

Cheers,
--Prabhakar Lad