[vlc-devel] The --vout options has been disabled on Windows

Steve Lhomme robux4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:51:38 CET 2017

I'm really trying to understand the issue. I gathered these inputs
from this thread:

--

--
--
--

When a coder wants to set the HWND (or whatever it is in the OS) s·he
might want to let libvlc decide what to use for the vout. But s·he may

Callbacks are only used with vmem. So if the coder sets the "vout"
value to anything other than "vmem" after calling
libvlc_video_set_callbacks() it won't work. But again, that's a coding
error. We could be nice and detect that. Or let the coder deal with it
(it won't do what it wants and will find out quickly).