[vlc-devel] [RFC] Removal of text renderer "font-size" variables
fcartegnie at free.fr
Thu Dec 28 14:41:06 CET 2017
I'm planning removal of font-size variables, namely:
These do not really makes sense and we have "sub-text-scale" as a global
variable for such purpose.
* Pixel based font size can't work with HiDPI screens.
* Local override breaks most style inheritance
* Newer subtitles formats do not allow extending font size in most
cases, restricting them to a specified region
* Breaks complex OSD as well
* Font scaling will only work for non "region restricted" subtitles
* This is already disabled for Closed Captions
If you see any point in still allowing to force a fixed font size
everywhere, especially in pixels, please raise your hand asap.
More information about the vlc-devel