[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: look for wayland-protocols

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Wed Feb 1 22:14:15 CET 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017, at 17:50, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le keskiviikkona 1. helmikuuta 2017, 9.09.45 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> > On Mon, Jan 30, 2017, at 18:16, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> > > Wayland support has always been optional.
> >
> > This is not the case anymore.
>
> We must have a different definition of optional then.

On Debian testing, libwayland-dev is a dependency of libgles2-mesa-dev,
libegl1-mesa-dev or libva-dev that I explicitly installed. So this
package is installed and wayland-client is detected from the configure,
but unfortunately I don't have wayland-protocols.

> > I have to explicitly disable it now.
> > My distrib has wayland-clients but not wayland-protocols (I could
> > install it)
>
> We don´t allow XCB without XPROTO either. Errorring out is much better
> than
> giving people false confidence that their build has Wayland support.

Exactly, I don't want wayland support, Why not erroring only if wayland
was explicitly requested in the configure ?