[vlc-devel] [IMPORTANT] Force push

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Feb 18 12:14:03 CET 2017

Le lauantaina 18. helmikuuta 2017, 11.58.36 EET Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2017, at 08:49, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > I have force pushed the tree back to its last known working state (based
> > on git bisect).
>
> I totally object. The code was tested on Linux, Windows and macOS.

Most commits do not even compile (unless you have an Objective C compiler),
and at the end, vlc and bin/vlc-static are no longer built properly and cannot
be debugged/traced.

# gdb ./vlc
GNU gdb (Debian 7.12-6) 7.12.0.20161007-git
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
"/home/remi/videolan/vlc/build/./vlc": not in executable format: Format de
fichier non reconnu
(gdb) run
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.

Expected result:

% gdb ./vlc
GNU gdb (Debian 7.12-6) 7.12.0.20161007-git
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ./vlc...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/remi/videolan/vlc/build/vlc
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
VLC media player 3.0.0-git Vetinari (revision 2.2.0-git-...

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/