[vlc-devel] Consider contrib hashing mandatory

Tristan Matthews tmatth at videolan.org
Mon Feb 20 22:25:41 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> Le maanantaina 20. helmikuuta 2017, 21.29.38 EET Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2017, at 21:15, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> > As a reviewer, I will thus no longer accept
>> > contrib rules that change sources or add new sources of any kind without
>> > validation.
>>
>> What should be  the policy for ffmpeg and x264 in the master branch (NOT
>> stable) ?

A lazy search ( grep -ril Not\ implemented * ) of contrib src
indicates that the full list of contribs doing this is at least:
src/x264/rules.mak
src/breakpad/rules.mak
src/daala/rules.mak
src/aom/rules.mak
src/mpcdec/rules.mak
src/ffmpeg/rules.mak
src/postproc/rules.mak

2 of which (daala/aom) are my fault, but these are also disabled by
default. In any case, I agree that we should probably pin revisions
for at least all of the enabled contribs (or even all of the contribs
period).

Best,
-t