[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] contrib: use git-archive and save the hash

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Tue Feb 21 08:56:56 CET 2017

Hi Rémi,

On 2017-02-21 09:35, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On February 21, 2017 3:46:30 AM GMT+02:00, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> >
> >This commit breaks the build.
> >

> Yes. Wrong prefix is already fixed.
>
> However, most if not all git-based rules have broken
> dependency/update propagation. This bug is preexistent: the name of
> the tarballs doed not depend on the checked-out version.

There still is the issue of using `git archive` together with `HEAD`
inside a *bare* repo (which will not work). I can submit a patch for
this if so is desirable, but I reckon you are about to fix it (and
given that I don't have commit access you will probably get it inside
the codebase faster in either case).

/F