[vlc-devel] [RFC 0/8] Ambisonics channels support

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Feb 24 16:40:27 CET 2017

Le 24/02/2017 à 16:14, Adrien Maglo a écrit :

 > we quickly reach the hard coded limit of VLC on the number of audio
channels (AOUT_CHAN_MAX=9). It will probably need to be increased.

I don't see the need of increasing the number of channels limited by
AOUT_CHAN_MAX as, in my understanding, does not belong to the same code
path:

The ambisonic channels will never be reordered, and you have no aout
which will support that high number of ambisonic channels, or will just
support it by ambisonic passthrough. The only ambisonic -> regular
channels conversion needs to be aware of ambisonic channels count, and
can still mix output to a mapping within AOUT_CHAN_MAX.

Francois