[vlc-devel] Why VLC can't use H.264 HW codec?

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Tue Jul 4 13:57:52 CEST 2017

Hello,

In the future you should use the android mailing list for android
question android at videolan.org, but it's OK, we can continue the
discussion here for now.

Could you give us your android device name / brand ?
Did you try with the last beta version of vlc ? (just go here
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.videolan.vlc and update the app
via the playstore).

Does it happen with every H.264 samples ? If not, could you give us the
sample ?

Regardsn
Thomas