[vlc-devel] VLC / LibVLC

Henk Visser mrhenkvisser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:13:09 CEST 2017

All,

Thank you for reading this.

1.) I am using VLC and LibVLC and getting a list of output modules with the
follow C API:

 libvlc_audio_output_list_get(inst);

The address of the pointer here 16CF0C0
The psz_name field is *alsa*
The psz_descriptoin is ALSA audio output
The psz_descriptoin  field is 16CF148

"alsa" is the field that I will be using to for the audio module.

2.)  Using "alsa" I get search for a list of audio output devices

libvlc_audio_output_device_list_get(inst,"alsa");

The psz_name (device ID) field is *hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0*
The psz_descriptoin is snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi,  Direct hardware device
without any conversions
Next entry in list:    16C8AD8

The audio device that I want to use is "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0"

3.) I then set the output module to be alsa

libvlc_audio_output_set(mp,"alsa");

4.) I then use libvlc_audio_output_device_get(mp); to check to see if the
output module was set correctly but I get the following error when trying
to compile.

/tmp/ccOOaIgc.o: In function `main':
vlc_demo.c:(.text+0x1b8): undefined reference to
`libvlc_audio_output_device_get'

Any ideas on this?

5.) If I comment out #4, when I then try to configure the audio output
module with the correct output device this doesn't switch the audio device.

libvlc_audio_output_device_set(mp,"alsa","hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0");

The documentation says that this function returns nothing? How do I tell if
this was successful within my program?

Thank you for any information or ideas.

-Henk