[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] hotkeys: handle viewpoint changes from the vout

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jul 26 04:19:50 CEST 2017

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, at 18:10, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > > Can´t you check your compiler output before pushing obvious crap?
> > > Is it so hard?
> >
> > There is other ways to talk to people, do you know that ? Is it that
> > hard ?
>
> I don´t address respectfully people who don´t respect me and other devs
> by  pushing crap.

This project *requires* respectfully addressing other developers.
Whatever the reason. I'm quite sure we've been discussing that many
times.

Everybody does mistakes, including you and me. I've been fixing commits
from almost everyone breaking the build or the runtime regularly, and
I've never complained. And that's been the case since forever...

Accusing Thomas of pushing crap because he adds warnings to the build,
or saying that Thomas is not respectful to others, when he is probably
the nicest active contributor with Tristan, is clearly out-of-line,
sorry.

If you want us to move to mandatory reviews and mandatory build+test
before push like the libav project, we can. But I'm not sure it's going
to be at the advantage of people working on this project as a hobby.

With my very respectful regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734