[vlc-devel] [RFC] video filters, hw acceleration and 10bits

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jun 1 13:44:59 CEST 2017

Hello,

On Fri, 19 May 2017, at 12:37, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> What are your opinions on the matter?

After long discussions and thoughts and seeing that there is no perfect
solutions, I've pushed a set of patches from Thomas for this, that
matches the most voted option.

This is clearly not perfect, but this series of patches was the least
intruding on the core (basically one if, one sprintf and one
module_load).

There is still a lot of work to do on this topic, and notably on having
better hardware filtering when doing hardware decoding.

Therefore I will put more resources on this topic for the summer.

PS: Please note that no hardware decoding can be activated by default if
it does not support blending, deinterlacing and adjust in hardware. We
might require more filters than those.

PPS: I'd love to hear about what filters are very important, according
to you, besides adjust. Denoise?gradfun?

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734