[vlc-devel] [RFC] video filters, hw acceleration and 10bits

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jun 1 20:39:13 CEST 2017

Le torstaina 1. kesäkuuta 2017, 14.57.09 EEST Felix Paul Kühne a écrit :
> > PPS: I'd love to hear about what filters are very important, according
> > to you, besides adjust. Denoise?gradfun?

Denoise is nice to have, but not necessary. I don´t see the necessity of
gradfun.

> Transform (incl. hflip and vflip), clone, wall would come to mind.

Transform is just orientation with another name (and more bugs).

Clone and wall are splitters, not filters. I believe that they cannot be
implemented without copy-to-CPU at the moment.

> Invert is
> most likely very trivial to do, too, but clearly not as important.

No, I don´t think it is very trivial. No filters are trivial without the
hypothetical shaders support framework.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/